Monday, December 29, 2014

December 29, 2014-Zumpango

HI MOM!!
How are you!! How are the kids!! Did you watch the HE IS THE GIFT video on mormon.org? Also, read the talks, WHAT IS THE BLUEPRINT OF CHRIST'S CHURCH by Tad Callister and THE CHARACTER OF CHRIST by David A Bednar. Elder Gomez is great right!! When I was Skyping dad, Elder Gomez said, "My English is so so" and dad said "My Spanish is no no" and Elder Gomez was laughing so hard!! It was great to be able to talk to you all!! I don't think I have time to write Brady and Cody but I will find some time soon to talk to them. 
So the family of the house that we Skyped from, is Luis and Yesenia. They are great!! Luis is a Reggae singer and he used to have dreadlocks to his knees!! They are very receptive to everything that we teach them and they are getting married and baptized the same day on the 10th of January.
Sonia is another investigator that is progressing very well! She has two sons ages 17 and 19, The 17 year old has problems with marijuana and the 19 year old has two twin babies with his 15 year old girlfriend Paula. Sonia, Roberto(19) and Paula have all committed to baptism, Sonia is the only one that attends though, so she is most likely going to be baptized on the 17th, but we need to work some stuff out with the others!! I don't know if I have told you the whole story about them, but I will have to tell you more about them next time and why they are my favorites right now!!
We have other investigators, but  I don't have much more time to write about them!! Today we are having a zone activity and I get to play soccer for the first time here, but i miss basketball very much!! I actually have read a bit of Jesus the Christ, I am starting from the beginning right now!! Thanks for all the Christmas stories!! I read them all and a few brought some tears!! Tell Greg thanks for organizing and sending the Christmas package!! Tell him thanks for all that he has done to help me and all of the youth throughout the years!!! It was an awesome Christmas present!! And also tell grandparents thanks for their gift!! and tell them thanks very much for taking me and Avery to Missouri!! It was an amazing experience!! 
I don't have much more time to write, but thank you so much for all that you do for me mom!!! Love you so much!!! and Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!!
Elder Paynter

Weekly Rundown,
How was Everybody´s Christmas?! We had a pretty great holiday season here in Zumpango! I have loved teaching people about Christ during Christmas time, because the people are much more feliz and merry! I love missionary work so much right now! I don´t think that I will ever get tired of sharing the gospel with other people! Also I love the "Él es la Dádiva" video! Everytime that we watch it with our investigators or with the members, I can feel the Spirit helping us to testify of the truthfulness of our message and the truthfulness of our Savior Jesus Christ! I have been very grateful for him lately and all of the sacrifices that he made for us and all the things that he taught us by his example and all his teachings! My testimony of him strengthens every day as I share his message with others! It was also great to talk to my family this week! I´m so very glad and grateful for their support in my Missionary Work! Just last night our investigator, Sonia, was giving the closing prayer, and during her prayer she said, "I know that the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Year Saints is the true church" It was great! She doesn't even know the full name of the church, but she knows that this church is the true church!! Also we were able to get a less active youth help us in some of our lessons! He was able to share his testimony with our Investigators, and I know that his testimony of the gospel was strengthened as he did!! I'm so grateful for the opportunity I have to work in the best mission in the world! La Misión México Pachuca!! 
Con amor, 
 Elder Paynter






 I got to "talk" to Jordan via email this morning. I sent him pictures of our "Winter Wonderland"! He couldn't relate...he is enjoying a stifling 80 degrees!

No comments: