Sunday, December 7, 2014

December 7, 2014-Zumpango
As if the picture and caption weren't enough, I found this as well... The mission president's wife posts copies of some of the letters to the president. 
I am sure it is Jordan. Elder P- Elder G- 
(From the picture I found out his companion's name is Elder Gomez)...
(New arriving Elder with two weeks in the mission this Monday)
Hola Presidente!
How is it going? Things are going great!! I love my Companion! Elder _____ is awesome! We are doing great together! I´m learning Spanish a lot faster with him, he is a good teacher and an amazing helper to me! The people are incredible here! They are so nice and they love their families a lot! We have so many great families we are teaching. I love to watch them progress in their knowledge of the Gospel. I can´t communicate very well, but I can still understand their needs! It has been a pretty great first week. Me and Elder G______ are having great success, even though there is a Little bit of a lack of communication between us! It´s alright, because I´m starting to learn a lot more spanish! This Saturday we were able to baptize a 9 year old boy named Eliot! It was a great experience! I got to witness a baptism in my very first week! Also after the baptism we visited a family of 4, three of them have baptismal dates, but one doesnt. When we got to the house only two of them were there, Yolanda(w/bap. date) and Angeles(w/o bap. date). We brought Hermana A______ with us to the lesson, and we taught about the Plan of Salvation. It was so great! I got to teach most of the lesson with my broken Spanish! After we finished the lesson, I asked Angeles if she would be baptized on the 27th and she said yes!! It was an Incredible esperience! I´m so greatful for the opportunity that i have to serve the Lord! I can{t wait to see what the next two years have in store! Thanks for all that you do!!
-Elder P

Did I mention I think the world of Sister Egbert for updating this blog each week?!

No comments: