Monday, January 5, 2015

January 5, 2015 - Zumpango

Hola,
Today is probably the coldest day we have had here!! Me and Elder Gomez went to Pachuca because i had to sign some more visa papers and get fingerprints... and it was super windy and super cold!! It reminded me a wee bit of Utah haha!! It's not snow cold but its alright and last week there was a little bit of snow on the mountains!! haha,
I printed the letter and will read it as soon as possible!! (Cody's letter)
Today we are writing pretty late because tomorrow are Cambios. I don't know what the English missionaries call them but it's the end of my first 6 week cycle here!! So, we have a bit of a different schedule today but me and Elder Gomez aren't going to have cambios tomorrow.
This week has gone great!! I have my first Investigator baptism this Saturday! The reason I told you Sonia is my fave investigator right now is because a few weeks ago we went to a less active members house to teach him but he wasn't there.  There was a lady watching over his store for  him!! It was really weird because all the electricity was out..... we asked her if we could teach her, and she let us! We taught her in the light of one candle:) It went really well and we have been teaching her the past few weeks!! This last week she told us about how before she met us, she was meeting with some christian friends of hers and was practically having missionary lessons with them! She decided that she was going to pray to find out what church was true, because she really wanted help with her family. Well, a few days after she prayed, two missionaries showed up when there were no lights and asked her if they could teach her haha!! Do you understand why she is my favorite right now!! Because she was obviously prepared by Heavenly Father!!! 
That's crazy that you are going to speak in stake conference!! Try and find the talk by Hugh B Brown about when he gave talks as a returned missionary and teaching by the spirit! I think it was him that gave that talk!!
Sorry I'm running out of time but I will make sure to think about how to help you with your talk!! Love you so much and thanks for everything mom!! Today I bought clippers for my hair so don't worry about that. Love you!!!
Elder Paynter

WeeklyRundown
Well how is everyone! Its crazy to think i have been here for 6 weeks already!! Time is already flying by! I really am having a blast right now!! This week I have my first Investigator baptism!! I cant wait! Its a baptism of a couple named Luis and Yesenia. There are going to be married the morning of the tenth and in the afternoon, they are going to have their baptisms!! Super cool right!! I honestly cant wait! We have been having great success finding new investigators lately. In the past week or so we have found four different families to teach and they are all progressing pretty great! One of the new families mentioned how they felt super peaceful when we taught about families. And right before one of our lessons, one of the investigators said to his children, "Listen, these muchachos are closer to God than we are!" Haha it;s things like this that make me love the mission more and more every day!!! We were also able to find a returned missionary who has only attended church like three times since she returned from her mission, mainly because her husband doesn't want to attend... But we are planning on working hard with all of these people so that they can partake of the blessings that they can receive as they attend!! I'm so excited and always ready to work!! We have the potential of having six baptisms before the month ends! We are going to work as hard as we can!! I have faith in Elder Gomez and I know that with the help of the spirit and the Lord we can do "All Things!" I´m glad to be here as always and can't wait to hear from you all soon!!
Elder Paynter


 Not sure what these are photos of ...(possibly Pachuca?) But this last one looks really good!

No comments: