Sunday, December 21, 2014

Carrie Underwood-
Carrie Underwood is the only American Idol star that I have really ever followed. I must admit, I spent week after week calling in for her. It has now been almost 10 years since she won American Idol and by all appearances seems to be hanging on to her roots, her morals, and her faith! I hope she continues to defy the odds!

Not often do stars go untouched  by slander, gossip, lies, etc in the music industry. Carrie Underwood seems to be one of those "untouched" people. She doesn't seem to do anything to give people a reason to talk until recently.

I found this in a news clip about her new single:

Her new single, “Something In The Water” has caused quite a bit of controversy, as it centers around the name of Jesus Christ and what the Bible says about being ‘reborn’.In a recent performance, we got word that Carrie has come under heavy scrutiny by not only the pop industry but also the country music industry at times. Carries response was AMAZING.
Here’s her statement:
“I’m not the first person to sing about God, Jesus, faith [or] any of that, and I won’t be the last. And it won’t be the last for me, either. If you don’t like it, change the channel.
Though I am not a huge fan of the single, I love the lyrics. She went on to sing it at this years CMA's. I hope she continues to be a "light" to a world filled with too much darkness.

Today in church, almost every talk was about standing as a witness of Jesus Christ and preparing for His return. I was reminded that it won't be an awful day. His return will usher in the millennium...1000 years of peace. No war. No sickness. No sorrow. No wickedness. No sadness. No death. This great assurance gives me peace, now! Hope, now! Joy, now! Love, now! What a great time to be alive!

One of my favorite Carrie Underwood's performances:
Carrie Underwood and Vince Gill-How Great Thou Art

 Oh Holy Night!


No comments: