Wednesday, May 27, 2015

Xicotepec-May 25, 2015
 
Hello Mom,
How have you been? We are doing great here in Xicotepec. Today we had another district activity, which I always love, but I´m starting to feel like we´re more rushed on Pdays than normal days. haha, but It´s alright! I will be sure to read the talk that you sent me this week. Well, It is pretty hard to look for great experiences in our missionary work. For me, it´s all a miracle, that so many people can come to understand that God can answer their prayers. Every day is an incredible spiritual experience. I love doing this work more than anything else. This week we will have the baptism of Araceli, who used to assist to the reformed church. I will teññ you more details next week haha. I have been thinking a lot this week about the talk by Henry B Eyring that I shared with you the last week and the quote that he quotes from pres Brigham Young about the blessings received from a life full of faithful priesthood service.
“An individual who holds a share in the Priesthood, and continues faithful to his calling, who delights himself continually in doing the things God requires at his hands, and continues through life in the performance of every duty will secure to himself not only the privilege of receiving, but the knowledge [of] how to receive the things of God, that he may know the mind of God continually.”
This is what I want from my priesthood service, to know the mind of God continually, and to be able to act according to his Will. I know that the Lord Blesses every man and woman that is willing to work faithfully, and to never be slothful. The testimony that I can leave with you this week is that like John promises "If any man will do his will, he shall know of the doctrine, whether it be of God, or whether I speak of myself." The only way that we will be able to know the mind of God is if we do his will. I know that this is true. I know that this is the Lords work.
I love you tons and wish you a great week mom!!
Elder Paynter
pictures from our district activity this week and district meeting 
 

No comments: