Wednesday, May 20, 2015

Xicotepec-May 19, 2015 
(P-day was on Tuesday this week since Eldner Bednar came to speak to the mission)
Hola Mom!!
Well I don't have much time this week....

I wish i could see the look on your face after reading that haha!! but seriously, not a lot os time, hehe.
So, I am in Xicotepec, Puebla. I have so far been in three different states here in México. Its a super cool city!! There are a bunch of mountains and in the middle of them all is Xico. p.s. its pronounced like, He (as in him) Co (like company) te (like ten without the t) pec (like a peck on the cheek). My new companion is Elder Vijil from Honduras. He just finished his training, so he´s a little bit newer. Today we visited a giant statue of The Virgin Guadalupe (Apostasy and a bit of commandment breaking) But it was pretty fun. 
So yesterday ELDER BEDNAR WAS HERE, it was incredible! What an amazing experience!! I am still amazed by it!! It was amazing! It was like you said, a question and answer thing! The spirit was incredibly strong!! We talked a lot about faith-acting, charity, conversion and a lot more that I wouldn't be able to describe in words! haha. The three talks we studied were "Ask in Faith" "Seek Learning by Faith" and "Converted unto the Lord. I challenge you and the rest to read these talks, because mainly what we talked about in the discussion we had with him. When Elder Bednar Bore his testimony of the Lord, I dont think that I had felt the spirit so strong in my entire life! I can testify to you and everyone that He is a true Apostle of the Lord Jesus Christ, which means that Jesus is the Christ and that this Church is his Church and that as missionaries we are all true representatives of him. 
I really liked what you shared about Brother Ogles and it made me think about when you shared Luke 9:24-25 jst with me. The only way we will gain the eternal life is if we give up ours for it!! I love doing this work!! and I love my Savior!
So I promise to explain more about my area next week because literally have no more time!! I love you and thank you for your counsel every week!!
I love you Mom!!
Elder Paynter

p.s. my pictures of when our ride broke down on the way to transfers...
p.s. share Luke 10:2 with Meghan, I know that we are all called to serve as proclaimers and harvesters of the Gospel of Jesus Christ.
Mission "Transfers" Van
Might as well take a picture since we are broken down...


The Virgin Guadalupe
New Area
New Companion
 

No comments: