Monday, November 23, 2015

Ixmiquilpan - November 23

Dear Mom,
I am so grateful for you Mom! I think that you more than anyone else have been the greatest example in my life!! Everyday I realize that the Gospel is true, and to think I always have had you telling me what is right and wrong! At times I know that I ignored and at times rejected your counsels, but everyday when I see the hand of God in my life, I realize all the lessons that you have taught me throughout the years! Love you tons mom!
Well I'm sure you know that I have learned a lot in my mission. Everyday I learn more and more. Right now in my mission, I am trying to make decisions that will have good influence in my life. I know that the spirit is so much stronger in the mission, and I know it will be much harder to stay strong and faithful when I return home. All I want to do now in my mission is continue strengthening my foundation and testimony. But I do know now more than I have ever known in my whole life that Christ lives and he loves each and every one of us. There is no greater love that exists than the love he has for us, his friends, if we are willing to keep his commandments, he will help us to feel this love that he has for us! John 15:13
Right now I feel really confident with my Spanish, the Lord has blessed me a lot to be able to mess up a lot, and I have been able to learn a lot!! I think one of the greatest trials for me has been staying consistent. Right when we think everything is going well, more trials come. We need to always be preparing ourselves for each trial that comes, if we drop our guard, the adversary will attack. Even with the small things, we need to always do what the Lord commands! I have had the great blessing to be strengthened by my trials and by my imperfections and weaknesses, but I know that our Heavenly Father gives us weaknesses so that he can strengthen us!! Ether 12:27
I know this is true! I love it!
I hope you have a great week Mom!! Love you more than you could possibly imagine!!
With love
Elder Paynter

 THEN...

 MTC Reunion


NOW... 


No comments: