Monday, November 2, 2015

Ixmiquilpan - November 2

Dear Mom!
Happy Halloween! I hope you all enjoyed it very well! Here we saw quite a few people that went out trick or treating, we practically couldn't find anyone at home! haha They really do have some great traditions here! With their whole Day of the Dead when they put up their shrines or altars and leave out a bunch of food so that the dead people can supper. 
My new companion is really great! He is really nice and is a hard worker! I'm still in Ixmiquilpan and now I'm District leader in a district with two companionship's that are training! Only one of the sisters has more time than me in the mission, I feel like the Grandpa of the district haha! My comp is from San Luis, one of the states here in Mexico. It's pretty close to the mission haha. I have been learning a lot every single day!! I'm so grateful for every blessing that the Lord has given me!! I love him so much!! I can't believe that Meghan is almost going to leave!! Just Thanksgiving and then she's gone!! I'm sure she will do great!! 
I do love the example of Ammon. He was a great missionary! But I think I like the story of Alma the younger more. He really was an incredible missionary, as all of them are. He was very wise, faithful, devoted, and a fearless missionary, I would love to develop attributes like him as well as all the great missionaries of the Book of Mormon! I really do love to read and love the Book of Mormon. I know it is true!! 
Thank you so much Mom!! I'm sorry I'm not the greatest or fastest typist, but don't worry, I will share every single detail of the mission when I get home!! Just know that I know this work is true! I love my Heavenly Father and know that he loves us!! I love you tons mom! Keep being a great example for me and for everyone!!
Elder Paynter
 
 
I had to post all three. I just love his new companion's pose in each one! 
 


 

No comments: