Monday, November 16, 2015

Ixmiquilpan - November 15

Dear Mom,
This week has been great!! First of all, I didn't get the chance to tell you that i almost got blown up two weeks ago! I was trying to light the flame in our water heater (here in Mexico they aren't automatic) and I guess I skipped a step and when i stuck the lighter in the boiler, I basically got shot back by a bunch of flames!! haha, I'm sure Ive overestimated the story a little bit, But i did burn all of my arm hairs off and lost a few of eyelashes haha!
Things are great! I'm getting along pretty well with Elder Acosta. He's really great! We have had quite a bit of rain, the nights get pretty cold as well! But it's not too cold compared to Utah cold. We have been looking a lot this week for new investigators, and we have found a few, just trying to find people that are willing to hear our message! We have been working hard as well with the members. It really is important to gain their confidence and help them with their needs as well!
It's crazy to think that Meghan is almost heading out to the mission! I'm super excited for her! I know she will learn a lot! One great lesson that I have learned here is that I've learned to accept and love the will of the Father. He has promised us Peace in this life and Eternal Life in the next life. We just have to be willing to live and love his Gospel! Everything is going well here!! I know that this Gospel has probably changed my life more than I ever had imagined before!! I know that this church is true and that the Gospel blesses us in every moment of our lives, and in EVERY type of situation! I love it!
About the music, I just want some music like O Holy Night or other songs that talk about Christ, I'm not sure we can listen to Rudolf or Frosty the Snowman, haha. Love you tons Mom!! Have a great week!! Love ya tons!!
Elder Paynter





1 comment:

jpaynter said...

I do notknow if Jordon reads the comments but I will write one just in case he does. Once you have a few spiritual experiences and know the Lord is very aware of you then your testimony can be solidified. Personally I know this is the true gospel. It is life itself! It gives the peace of mind that people are looking for. Jeannie says once they get moved to Snowflake, Arizona she will be close to the Snowflake temple, easier to go weekly. Mark and Brenda got home from Italy on Monday, have been recovering from jet lag. Both worked at the temple on Wednesday. We are going over tonight to their house for pizza and they will tell us about their trip. So Jordon enjoy the last year of your mission. It will come to your mind the rest of your life as so many missionaries tell of their time on their mission and how it affected them. Love you dumpling, Grandma Paynter