Monday, June 29, 2015

Xicotepec-June 29

Wow, What a week you've had!!

Well things are going pretty well!! I'm still here in Xicotepec with my new companion, Elder Gutierrez. Hes from Yucatán, in México, close to the capital Merida. Hes great! He has about 5 months in the mission, hes a little shy, but not really, he just talks really softly. We have been getting along really well!! He does actually speak English pretty well, but still learning. 

So what I understood is that Elijah and Kyle are driving home from Washington alone? It does make me a little bit scared as well...

Kaylie told me that Jacobs lip is all purple and brown... yikes... any pictures?? Sounds like things are going pretty great with the Family!!
I can give testimony that the mission is the greatest experience that anyone could have. I don't think there is any other place where someone can grow and learn so much. My favorite part of life is being able to use the atonement of Jesus Christ everyday. I hope that you can all be able to do this. Think about him everyday, and use his Atonement to become stronger everyday. I'm super glad to hear the news about Meghan. I hope that she and Kyle are preparing a little bit every day to get ready!!

The World is changing everyday. It makes me think more and more everyday how great it is that we have a living prophet to lead and guide us through this changing world. Yes, it's good to have the Bible, and Yes, it's even better to have the Book of Mormon, but I think the greatest is that we have a living prophet. Yes, it's true that God never changes (Hebrews 13:8) but the world is changing everyday. The Living Prophet and the Apostles of Jesus Christ give us guidance that has been "adapted" to the specific changes that keep happening. I'm glad we have a Living Prophet and am so grateful that our heavenly father can still lead and guide us through modern-day revelation!!

Well Mom, the package still hasn't arrived, but all is well here!! I'm serving as District Leader here in Xico, and its a lot of responsibility, but I know that I will always have help if I keep asking and working for it!! I love you mom!! Hope your week is great!!! Keep going to the temple!! Its kind of a bummer not being able to go, but you and the kids need to pick up my slack!! Love you!!
Elder Paynter

Fotos:
Last pictures with Elder Vijil, in the house of the Zone Leaders



Apparently, there was an uninvited guest in the shower this week...



No comments: