Thursday, November 6, 2014

 WEEK 3: MTC

Awww,
Why'd you need to make me cry....... :( poor chloe:(:( Hope she is doing ok! How did Halloween go?? I dressed up in my Ninja hoodie, and went from room to room, and collected candy. A lot of people dressed up as ninjas because they all made masks with their tshirts. It was pretty fun!! haha, This tuesday we went to the Marriott Center for a devotional, all I could think about was basketball, I got really homesick... Esta bien. The MTC has been pretty great, I ran into Dan Hernandez today!! He's going to Washington DC, Great temple, eh?:)  I can't believe it has been 3 weeks either, already past the halfway mark! It's been real fun, the food is alright.... :P. The food at the temple is so much better, i love thursdays because I get to pig out at the Temple Cafe!! You know how good it is! I've got all of your dearelder mails, i just rarely have time to send letters back, so tell elijah and the neeleys that I will try to mail them back asap! My new companion is great, but this past week me and him talked together alone, he's a really shy and quiet talker, he was talking about how he felt like he needed to go home, it took everything in me to convince him that that is not what he needed to do. He has a hard time learning and paying attention in class, so I pretty much have to teach him spanish 1on1. He thought that because he cant learn very well, that he should have been called to a service mission, but I know for a fact that he was called here for a reason, There is no way I'm letting him go home! He was having a really bad attitude about the MTC and the Teachers, but I reminded him that before the savior stared his ministry, he spent 40 days (about 6 weeks:) fasting and preparing. He experienced all kinds of trial and temptation. But he endured it all, because he knew how much he loved us. Before we even came into this world the savior was preparing to serve others by being perfect. I still can't believe that someone would love us so much to take upon himself every pain, sadness, and affliction. I hope that as we are preparing to serve our missions, we can learn to become closer to christ. I've started reading, Jesus the Christ, and It just helps me to love the Savior even more!!! I miss you guys! I was looking at dads blog, and I saw that picture of me and Kyle at the rooftop dinner, That is honestly one of my favorite pictures!! If your willing, you should print out some of the pictures of me with you guys and some of me with my friends, and send them to me! I would Love that!!!! Love You MOM!!! hope you have an amazing day tomorrow!! I couldn't get you anything special but I hope You like what I send you!!! Love you all!!!
Elder Paynter
 
(Jordan loves to take landscape shots... He does a pretty good job)
 





 

No comments: