Friday, October 24, 2014

10/23/2014
10:27 a.m.

Dear Family,
     Que Tal? How's life? The MTC has been pretty fun so far! I'm writing this letter from the provo frontrunner station. It's kind of weird thinking I could walk home and deliver this letter quicker than the mailman could.  I'm at the train station because we are going up to SLC for a consulate for our visas. I'm going up with Elder Johnson, my ex-companion. So, the first day here I arrived grabbed all the stuff I needed, took an entrance course on the computer, to prep me for the MTC rules. After that I went into my classroom and met my comp, District and teacher. My companions name is Elder Johnson. He's from Walla Walla, Washington. He likes a lot of computer stuff, and he loves R&B music.  My teacher is Brother Salisbury, he has like every page in Preach My Gospel & The Book of Mormon memorized! He is way smart and super spiritual! My District is awesome too! We have: Elder Haymond from Chandler, AZ, volleyball player. Elder Bresee, from Dallas, TX, cinematographer, photography, and musician. Elder Davis from Layton, UT. He has the deepest, most profound voice I've ever heard.  Elder Meyers from Dallas, TX, played tennis for BYU-Hawaii. Elder Jones from Arizona, he's really shy and I haven't learned too much about him. Elder Thomas from some hick/redneck town in Washington. He likes fixing trucks, he's a convert, he loves Mt. Dew. Elder Burns, from Toronto, Canada., he likes art, dance, singing, & talking about Toronto. And Elder Jones from Pocatello, ID, he likes writing novels, and Lord of the Rings. 

Wednesday Night we also met our Branch President, Brother Doman. He's awesome, energetic, and he loves everybody. We also did an activity where we met investigators & taught them as a big group. The second day on the job, me & Elder Johnson taught our first investigator...In ESPANOL! Nevermind, I just remembered that we taught her on the third day. Thursday, we got to meet our zone and the rest of the Branch Presidency. Our zone leaders names are Elder Stout & Elder Peterson. I'm pretty sure they are both from Washington as well.  They are awesome examples to our whole zone! The other two members of our branch presidency are Brother Durfey & Brother Sumsion. Ya, Thursday night was pretty cool. Our district had the opportunity to meet individually with the Branch Presidency. It was really awesome because after we all met with them. Brother Durfey announced that I would be the District Leader!! I was so excited and so #blessed. 

Anyways, the MTC is great. The food is pretty good!! I drink a cup of powerade and a cup of chocolate milk each day to replenish my protein & electrolytes. Some of the missionaries are crazy! Like they tell us that the MTC is spiritual prison...Whatever:) I think it's great! I can't wait to go out and serve. So, I've been talking about my companion Elder Johnson, but some things happened, Elder Thomas (new convert) and Elder Jones (really shy) weren't functioning very well as a companionship. So me and Elder Johnson had to switch, so now I am going to be a companion to Elder Jones. I've been given a big responsibility to help teach and train him & get him ready to live a mission life. 

Well, I love playing basketball for gym time, so Mom, if you could, could you send my basketball shoes, and maybe another workout shirt & shorts? Love YOU! By the way I love packages. I need some stamps for mail. I love you guys & I appreciated the letters I've gotten so far. Kyle, I don't remember leaving a present for you. And Kaylie, today we went to Costco & bought chicken bake. How are you doing Jacob? & I miss arguing with you Meghan. And thanks for the cookies mom! We got them while they were still fresh! Love you guys! Tell Cassidy that I walked by her school today!! Tell Brenda that I saw Beth's friend, Sophie the other day. An elder in my zone actually went to school with Cody. And I ran into Tammy's nephew, James? I think his name was.

Anyways, I'll talk to you guys soon!! Remember, the purpose of this life is to make and keep covenants that will help us grow closer to Christ and become like him. And don't forget to also invite others to come unto Christ by helping them receive the restored gospel through faith in the Lord, Jesus Christ and His Atonement, repentance, baptism, receiving the gift of the Holy Ghost, and enduring to the end.

Well, it is now 4:05 pm and we are passing through Orem on our way back, so I will talk to you guys ASAP!
Love you!!!!
Elder Paynter



Feel free to let me know what this says...


yo se que Jesu Cristo es nuestro salvador y mediente de su expiacion, nosotros podemos voluer a el. Le amo el Evangelio y soy feliz ser serviendo el Dios! en el nambre de Jesucristo, Amen.

1 comment:

Cookie Doe said...

I know that Jesus Christ is our Savior and because of his atonement, we can live on. I love the gospel and I'm happy to be a servant of God! in the name of Jesus Christ, Amen.

According to google translate....