Monday, February 22, 2016

 Constitucion, Pachuca -February 22

Hey Mom,
Things have been pretty great!! Today we went "hiking" we took some pictures on a hill that sits on the side of the city of Pachuca! It was pretty great, and it was pretty hard hiking in missionary clothes, haha! 
This week has been a good one! We had a new investigator come to church and she is really interested in everything that we teach. Her name is Natali and this week we were able to schedule a baptismal date for the 26th of March.  
This Sunday at church , our bishop let us give a training to the members about how to find people with whom you can share the Gospel. It went pretty well!! We also had a ward lunch after the meeting and it was such a great opportunity for the Members to get to know each other a little more!! 
Our focus in the mission has been centered a lot in Repentance and Baptism. We have had to learn how to be a little bit more direct with the people we teach. Just like the prophets from the Book of Mormon, we have to learn to teach repentance through teaching in a strait-forward way. I, like Nephi, have come to have more charity for the people here. It is one of the most important parts of the mission, loving the people. But, just like him, it is hard to feel hope for them when they give no heed to our words. As missionaries the door is closed in our faces many times throughout the day! But as we focus on our purpose, it helps us feel a little more elevated to preach repentance and baptism to all the children of God! 
One thing I have learned in the mission is that Repentance isn't hard!! It is the easiest way to gain eternal life! God doesn't ask us to suffer all the consequences of our sins, as long as we repent and change our form of thinking and being. When Alma was talking to his son Helaman in chapter 36 of Alma, he described the pain and suffering he had to pass when he thought of the weight of his sins, but he also describes that it just took thinking of one called Jesus Christ who was to suffer for our sins. Once he recognized the way to overcome the heaviness of his sins, he immediately began to pray and beg for the remission of his sins. Once he felt that his sins were forgiven, he felt a joy that was just as intense as was his pain. Repentance is our only way to progress in this life and to gain eternal life! Repentance isn't hard at all!! It is always worth striving for! The call to repentance isn't a rude or disrespectful request. It is the truest form of showing love one to another. When I think of Repentance I always think of our Savior stretching his arms out, calling out our name and asking us to take the steps that are necessary to return and live with him!! I know he lives! I know that I am one of his many representatives, and I know the it is important that every one of us repents of his sins in order to obtain the greatest gift that our father can give us! Eternal Life!
Good to hear that things are going well for you!! I hope the kids know that I love every one of them! Keep taking lots of pictures because I love seeing them!! Great to hear the news about Cody!! I know he is going to be very happy!! I am feeling good Mom! I really do love being here! It has been such a great journey, and I know that the journey really is just starting!! I know that Christ lives! He is our Savior!! I love you so much Mom!! Take Care!! Love ya!
Elder Paynter

p.s. this week I got to star in a professional photoshoot for a cologne commercial... I hope you like the pictures!!!
So many pictures to post today, not sure which ones to choose...
 Headed out for a P-day hike in Missionary clothes?









And, cologne man?

1 comment:

jpaynter said...

Oh Jordan, you might not want to grow a mustache ever. You look better without one. Did you get paid for the advertizement? It is fun to read your letters. A mission is a life changeing event isn't it? Has it help you decide what you want to do with your life when you get home of is it too early in your mission to think of that. I had the sister missionaries for lunch on Saturday, one of them is 28 years old and the first one in her family to go on a mission. She was fun to talk with. I spoke in sac. met. on Sunday about how important the priesthood is to me and because of my Dad's unconditional love I could understand Heavenly Father's uncondtional love very easily because I had it in my life. I mentioned a blessing my home teacher had given me 3 weeks before Jack died. His son was in the meetng, I received a letter from the home teacher(he has moved to Provo) today. So stay close to the Lord in prayer and living, it always helps. Love, Grandma Paynter