Monday, October 5, 2015

Ixmiquilpan-October 5
 
Dear Mom,
First of all, General Conference was wonderful, I'm so grateful for the love that our loving Heavenly Father shows us in these last days. He showed me this weekend that he really listens to my prayers. I was able to get a lot of help and support from him this weekend. I loved all the talks that were given, but one talk that called my attention was the talk from Elder Larry R. Lawrence, he said a lot of things that I really liked, but mainly I liked what he said about being perfect, that we are not perfect, and we are not going to be perfect in this life, but now we can lay the foundation for the next life. It reminded me of the testimony that President Packer shared that there is nothing wrong with trying to be a good person. I know that we must always strive to be perfect. we should accept that we are not perfect, but we must not allow that to prevent us to progress to perfection here in this life. Also Elder Kim B Clark said that we do not need to be perfect but we must be good people and always try to improve ourselves. I know that the Lord expects a lot from me and all his children. I know that if we do what he has commanded us, we can inherit eternal life and exaltation. That was one of the many patterns and lessons that could see and learn at this conference. I loved it!!!!
This week has been good! I have had a lot more patience with my companion this week, but Im still struggling to enjoy myself with my companion. I just need to follow the Counsel that President gave me and keep following the spirit! Teaching has been good, we have one family that is really great, they are reading the Book of Mormon, but they struggle with coming to church because the husband of the sister is "die hard" catholic. But they are doing great!! Heavenly Father has allowed me to see his children the way that he sees them, with much love and a lot of hope! Time really has flown by, Im so sad that so much time has passed by, but Im looking forward to the service that still lies ahead of me!! 
Mom, Im so grateful for the example you have been for me! I thank the Lord everyday for all my family, and for the opportunity that he gave me to be born in this church! I love you tons and hope you can use the Conference talks to keep enduring to the end and helping our family to be a united and loving family!
Love you and miss you tons!!
Elder Paynter

p.s. yes i did ordain kyle!
p.p.s. the Payson Temple is super pretty!!


No comments: