Monday, October 12, 2015

Ixmiquilpan-October 12
 
Dear Mom,
How has this week been for you? Sounds like you had a great week this week! I guess you could say that I had a pretty good week too!!
This week I have learned a lot! I have learned a principle that is super important for every one of us and for our lives. Jesus is the Christ. He is our redeemer and savior. This church is his church. He still calls prophets in these last days. He loves everyone of us! His Atonement WORKS! We should know all these things without a doubt! Its just that at times in this life, we start to doubt these things or we don't feel 100% sure. If we really want to be filled everyday with a strong testimony that these things are true, we need to LIVE the Gospel. Knowing just isn't enough! We need to show that we know it and love it by the way we act everyday, by the way that we treat others, and by the way we talk with our Heavenly father every day. How will we every know that he lives if we do not live what he has taught us? How will we know if his atoning sacrifice works if we don't ever repent of our sins and put it in practice? I know that there is no other thing more important in this life than our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ. He should be the center of our lives. I hope that every day I can apply these things more in my life to be able to testify to everyone that HE LIVES!! I know it, I live it, I love it!! I challenge you to live it!! It is the way that we can all know the truth!!  John 7:17
I thank you for all that you do, Mom! Keep on being the best!! I hope you can keep loving the Gospel and always do what is right!! Love you tons!
Elder Paynter

1 comment:

jpaynter said...

I am so pleased to read your letters Jordon. The Lord is teaching you so much that will be of future use to you as a husband and father and great priesthood bearer. I loved conference. It is so fun to be able to get priesthood on our tv. The talks are always so inspired. Mark took me to a high priest social Sunday night. There were talks from older people that had been on missions. One man and his wife had been at the Liberty Jail to do their missionary work. I thought of your Grandma and Grandpa Brown being mission presidents down there. I love this gospel, it is just like home for me. I have been trying to see people thru God's eyes lately. I think it is important to do that. Jenny and her family just left, they had made a video of the birth of their baby Sophia , and her blessing etc. Mark and Brenda left for Italy today for a month. I will really miss them. Brenda's 2 sisters were here for a week. They did the work for her dad who never joined the church, he died a year ago. They had their Mom and Dad married andthe 3 of them were sealed to their parents. Something Brenda has wanted for years. Life is good and so is the Lord.

Love Grandmama Paynter