Sunday, January 18, 2015

January 12-Zumpango

Hola mama
How are you? The talk by Elder Bednar I watched in the MTC, but I can't find a printed version of the full talk, and the other one Sky sent in one of his emails. And if you have any more time, there is a talk by Hugh B Brown called Profile of a Prophet and it is all about his testimony of the prophet Joseph Smith. Its really great! I have almost finished reading the BOM .... its a shame I haven't finished it yet, I know... but I love to read it. I learn so much every time I read. I am in Ether right now!! How is the families reading doing?
I can't even start to explain the withdrawals that I have been having with basketball!! You all better enjoy you rec passes!! haha
How is Kyle doing with his dating? haha!! That's fun that he was able to have a great time!! It's so great to hear from all of you!! I'm glad you are all doing great!! We weren't able to have the baptisms this week, and I explain it a lot better in my rundown! And I wasn't able to take very many pictures this week haha! Right now we have 6 baptisms set up for the 24th haha! Our ward is so so.... its really interesting haha, not very many people like the bishop. I don't know why haha I love him! I've even heard my companion and another member gossip about how they don't like him... It's really hard because the ward boundaries are so big, there are so many less active members. I don't know if we will have the same struggles as Sky with the baptismal font, because ours takes more than a half an hour to fill up haha! Well it has been good hearing from you and everyone else!! Love you so much mom!! I'll talk to you when I can!! In a week haha!! Love you!!
Elder Paynter

ps. the first picture that I took is from those Crystal Light packages you sent me!! And the second is the bad weather we have been having!! Rain and fog.....:) And I saw your blog, the pictures I sent last week are in Pachuca and the food we ate, we went to Pachuca because I had to sign visa papers:)

Weekly Rundown!
Well, me and Elder Gomez had a pretty successful week this week, although our baptism fell because the couple we were going to baptize couldn't schedule a date for their marriage until the 21st. But, they are going to be baptized on the 24th instead. As of now we have 6 people scheduled to be baptized on the 24th, haha! I hope they don't mind all getting baptized together haha. Its gonna be a great day, i cant wait!! We also had quite a bit of success on Sunday (Yesterday) because we were able to get all six of our investigators with secure dates to come to church and we had quite a few more less actives attend as well! we have been working a lot with the less actives because the ward boundaries are so big, so there are so many people that cant attend every Sunday. But, we have so many less active members that if they were all active we would have enough members for three different wards! So, because of this we have been trying to find more less active members and help them to do all that they can to get to the chapel every week!! Also I feel like the teaching of Elder Gomez and I has gotten a lot better! We have been testifying a lot more and I can feel that we are inviting the spirit a lot more into our lessons! This week we had 5 of our progressing investigators commit to baptism!! We just need to work really hard to get them to church! Im so excited for them and so excited for Elder Gomez and I!! We are going to work as hard as we can this week and I cant wait to see the results!! Honestly I believe that the success that we have been having has come mostly from our improving obedience these past few weeks, We have been trying our hardest to be Missionaries that are "Obediente con Exactitud". Its a really high bar that we have set for ourselves but i believe that If we work hard enough we will be able to achieve a lot more as representatives of the Lord Jesus Christ! Thank you all so much for everything that you do and Keep praying for us!! Love you!
Elder Paynter
 
Zumpango-Cold and foggy...


 Jordan can only drink bottled water in Zumpango 
(all of Mexico, I think).
So, we sent him some Crystal Light to "change it up"!

No comments: