Monday, August 22, 2016

Tulancingo, Mexico- August 22


Hey Mom!
Things are going great here! I am loving the mission! I am sad that it is coming to an end, but I am so happy because of all that I have learned and all the experiences that I have had!!! This week was a good one! We did a lot of service and Elder Pino from the seventy came to the mission! It was a great experience!! He taught us in a conference as well as our leadership council. He encouraged us to keep working and keep "raising the bar". I am so grateful to have the examples of many dedicated servants of the Lord who are always willing to teach and strengthen us. Today we went to Pachuca to renew my temple recommend... that's right, two years have passed since I got my first recommend! haha, it was a great experience to remember all that we need to do every day in order to be worthy to enter the Lords house. I was actually looking through a few of the letters I have printed out, and last night I was reading one that you sent me with this same list from President Hinckley. I read it and I feel like those are some great things to bring home. I have to admit that there are many things that I still haven't learned that I hope to keep learning so that I can become more spiritually prepared to return from the mission! We have been teaching an 84 year old Father of some converts in our area. He has a lot of desires to be baptized! The only problem is that he has been sick for quite some time and has been home-bound. Last week we took him to church with us in his wheelchair, and he liked it a lot! We hope to keep helping him progress towards his baptism! Im so grateful for this work! Like President Ezra Taft Benson said, "I love this work, and it is work!" I love you tons Mom!
Have a great week!
Elder Paynter

This silly missionary will be home with us soon! Still so bitter-sweet...

No comments: