Monday, August 1, 2016

Tulancingo, Mexico- August 1

Hey Mom!
How have you been? Ive been great!! First, about the pictures, The birthday cake was from my birthday last month, we do have a lot of normal street roads, but there are a few places that still don't have pavement. I did get my birthday package before my birthday, we were able to celebrate with pancakes and candles and party hats, it was great! The suit that I had on was borrowed from my companion, mine was in the dryclean, so he let me use one of his. Thanks for the reference of Gospel Topics Essays, there are quite a few people that ask a few strange questions about the church, so I printed off a few to study. 
This week I was reading in my studies and I found a scripture that I really liked. Its in the book of Moses in the Pearl of Great Price. Its when God is talking to Enoch, and teaches and shows him many things. I found it interesting that while God shows Enoch the power that the devil has over the hearts of many wicked men, God weeps. Moses 7:28 "And it came to pass that the God of heaven looked upon the residue of the people, and he wept; and Enoch bore record of it, saying: How is it that the heavens weep,and shed forth their tears as the rain upon the mountains?" Enoch is amazed that God in all his glory and perfection, was able to shed tears. He basically asks Him why and how. in verses 32 and 33 it says, "The Lord said unto Enoch: Behold these thy brethren; they are the workmanship of mine own hands, and I gave unto them their knowledge, in the day I created them; and in the Garden of Eden, gave I unto man his agency; And unto thy brethren have I said, and also given commandment, that they should love one another, and that they should choose me, their Father; but behold, they are without affection, and they hate their own blood;" The Lord explains here something that is very important that we should all understand. He has given us agency. He has given the freedom to choose, but with that, he has given consequences, and punishments. In the scriptures it talks a lot about the wrath and anger of God and how it is kindled up against those who perverse his commandments. This may scare us a little at times, but we should always remember how much the Lord loves us! He gives punishment when we sin because he is Just. But he weeps when we don't obey because He knows that he has to punish us. He loves us so much that He sent His beloved son, Jesus Christ. His love is infinite and extends to all those who have been crated by His hand. I love God and testify that he hates sin, but love us as sinners. He has all power to make us perfect as He is, and allow us to enter into his presence. I testify of these things!! 
Thanks Mom for everything! Have and amazing week!! Love you!
Elder Paynter

No comments: