Wednesday, July 6, 2016

 Tulancingo, Mexico- July 4
 
Hey Mom!!
Things have been going great!! Today we didn't have to go to Pachuca, so we have a little more time to write! This week we got to know President and Hermana Kimball!! They are awesome!! They are very excited to serve, and very ready to help our mission. President Kimball has had many callings as YSA bishop, stake young mens president, and others, so he really loves working with you youth!! We all got to personally introduce ourselves with him and talk a little about us. When I told him that I was from Springville, he told me, "that's right around the corner!" They're great and I'm really excited to work with them! Hermana Kimball says that she is going to make a blog and an Instagram and maybe a Facebook page... haha!
Time really does go by fast!! I cant believe it! Today I finished reading the Book of Mormon and I want to start again!! Its the best book!! I really love Moroni´s last words, verse 32 in chapter 10 has always been a favorite of mine!!
"Yea, come unto Christ, and be perfected in him, and deny yourselves of all ungodliness; and if ye shall deny yourselves of all ungodliness, and love God with all your might, mind and strength, then is his grace sufficient for you, that by his grace ye may be perfect in Christ; and if by the grace of God ye are perfect in Christ, ye can in nowise deny the power of God"
It helps us understand the only way that we may reach eternal perfection, by coming unto Christ and being perfected in Him. "There is no other way" He is the way. If we want his grace to save, perfect, and cleanse us, we must come unto him. I love what Moroni also explains in the book of Ether.
"And if men come unto me I will show unto them their weakness. I give unto men weakness that they may be humble; and my grace is sufficient for all men that humble themselves before me; for if they humble themselves before me, and have faith in me, then will I make weak things become strong unto them." (Ether 12:27) (also one of my favorites!)
If we humble ourselves before him we will become obedient. If we are obedient, the spirit will always be with us. I believe there is no greater help in this life than the Holy Ghost. If he is always with us, he will guide us to perfection and we will become more like our Savior. And if that is how our life will become, we will in nowise be able to deny the power of God. I know that the Savior loves me and has healed my weaknesses through his grace. I am grateful for his love and mercy, and I know with all my heart that He lives. He is a resurrected and glorified being who loves each one of us and longs that we come unto him and strive to be mor holy and humble. I love the Lord and thank him for all that I have and for all that I am!
Im so grateful for the Book of Mormon, and whenever I have trials or struggle of any kind in my life, I know exactly where I need to look to find peace and tranquility. Its in the Book of Mormon. Everything we need to know in order to find eternal life is in the Book of Mormon. I wish, like Alma, that I were like an angel, that I could invite all to read the Book of Mormon and to share the great message of happiness and eternal life that it contains!
Well Mom, things are great as always. I love this work!! Today was transfers day, but because President Kimball is new, there weren't many transfers, so I will be with Elder Merino for at least one more cycle. We are ready to keep on working hard! This month we should have a lot of success!! Hurrah for Israel!
I love you tons Mom!! Stay safe!!
Elder Paynter

No comments: