Sunday, May 8, 2016

May 8-Mother's Day

Today is Mother's Day. It started with breakfast in bed made by two kids who had been up since 4 a.m. Jacob insisted I celebrate Mother's Day and not his birthday, as we will be doing that next Sunday, he wanted this to be "my" day. 
Between strawberry-chocolate waffles, chocolate truffles from the ward, and Magleby's chocolate cake, what could make Mother's Day any better?

Calls from my two missionaries!!! 
We talked with Meghan for a good amount of time. She is doing well and is really loving her mission. As we were wrapping up with her, Jordan called. We were having sound issues, so we could only see him. Meghan had to go, so we let them wave good-bye to each other. At this point, she fell apart. She couldn't even speak-good thing since he couldn't hear us anyways. It was a sweet moment. (Interestingly, she didn't cry over any of us?!) 
Jordan, too, is loving his mission. He struggled to find the English words to use in conversation. He dreams in Spanish, answers in Spanish, and speaks in Spanish! It will be an interesting transition when he comes home.
(Did I really say that? It is certainly coming faster than I dare think about!)



I certainly cannot end this post without a tribute to my dear mother whom I love more than words can express. Her patience, love, dedication, and testimony have been beacons of light and strength for me throughout these many years. 
I love her and hope to become half of the woman she is today! Happy Mother's Day, Mom!

 

No comments: