Monday, April 4, 2016

Constitucion, Pachuca -April 4

Hey Mom,
This week has been pretty great!! We did get to watch General Conference, and actually this time, we got to watch it in English! I really enjoyed it in English because there is a lot more emotion and its just more understandable. Like when Elder Holland or President Eyring talk, you can feel a lot more their emotion and love for the Gospel!!
I loved all of the talks as well!! You can never choose a favorite, but you can remember really well the ones that stuck out for you!! I really loved President Uchtdorf's talk in the Sunday morning session. I really loved the example he gave about the Lutheran Church that got rebuilt. I have felt the same way during my mission. Man has such great power to rebuild and make better so many things in this life, just look at the Provo city center temple for example. Its beautiful!! I also testify that our father in heaven has such power to rebuild and heal our souls. He also has power to forgive and allow us to become as he is! What does it take to become like him? Do we need to climb a giant mountain? Do we need to construct or edify a grand building? do we need to walk thousands of miles across the earth to do such?? The truth is that it only takes wanting it. Desiring it. Striving for it like Elder Holland said. Repentance does NOT require much more than wanting, desiring and striving. Like the prophet Alma, all he needed to do when he was trembling and painfully struggling over the thought of his sins, all he had to do was THINK of a Jesus Christ of whom his father had preached that would come. Just like Alma WE CAN receive the remission of our sins! All we have to do is "Come unto Christ." The good shepherd is looking for all his lost sheep, all we have to do is trust in him. Allow him to carry us home. I promise that if we take that step, if we make that decision to repent and come unto him, we will be healed, reconstructed and forgiven. I love Conference!
I also loved our prophet, Thomas S. Monson's talk. We need to always follow the "harder-right" way, instead of the "easier-wrong" way. I testify that the decisions that we make in this very, very short life, will determine where we will dwell for ALL ETERNITY. I ask and desire that all our family can learn to make good decisions in this life so that we can be together forever!! I love you all!! I love you tons Mom! I hope you can share my letters every week with the kids and all the family! I love you and wish to be with you forever!!
Elder Paynter

p.s. my companion's name is Elder Child :)
(Apparently, I called his companion by the wrong name...surprise, surprise!)
 

 Apartment checks...squeaky clean!

  
Hard at work...
 

Well, most of the time!
 



Elder Paynter, President Egbert, and Elder Child

1 comment:

jpaynter said...

Hi Jordon, As I read your letters I see the man you are becoming and it is a wonderful sight. You have learned how you can operate with the Lord and go forward in this life. A mission does that for you , yeah it does! Did I tell you Gregory Scarber will be in the MTC in Provo the first of June , he is going to Argentina, Northern part of Argentina. My patriarchal (spelling is wrong) says I will teach the gospel in many lands through my children. So far that is true! It is so wonderful when you live alone to know that you have the spirit with you all the time so you are never alone. I love the gospel, it is life itself! Enjoy the week!