Monday, January 25, 2016

Constitucion, Pachuca -January 25
 
Hey Mom!!
How are you?? I'm doing great as usual, I don't think that my same response to that same question can get too old, because I'm sure it makes you feel better when I say I'm doing good!! This week has been pretty good! Elder Chavez and I are getting along pretty well! Things are going good! We have been doing a lot of walking and a lot of contacting people! It gets tiring at times, but its all worth it being able to be recognized as a representative of Jesus Christ. 
It may seem like it doesn't get too cold here, but it really does!! The word Pachuca means "La bella airosa" which means the beautiful airy city, I don't know if that makes much sense, but it gets really windy here!! The Cold gets even colder! But I am sure that its getting pretty cold in Utah. The worst part of the cold here is that it gets even colder at night. The houses here are made of cement and don't have insulation, neither do they have indoor heating. So we have to sleep in thermals and a sweater to stay warm, plus this week we had to put a blanket in the door to keep the air from getting in! haha, but things are going pretty well! Elder Chavez is from Veracruz, and it used to warm weather all year round, so he is suffering a little more than I am! Hes been in the mission for about 5 months, so he still hasn't gotten too used to the cold.
This week I have been reading the Isaiah chapters from 2 Nephi. Its been hard, but I love what I have been able to learn. The Lord has always made covenants with his people, such as the people of Israel, in order to bless them. But, when his children don't obey, he gets sad, and cant do anything else to help us because he has given us agency. Its really easy, If we obey, HE WILL BLESS US, and if we don't obey he cant bless us. For that reason, Isaiah writes about these promises that the Lord made with Israel, Isaiah also explains why it is so important that Jesus came to suffer for our sins. Isaiah also testifies that Christ will come again to bless the righteous. Therefore, the most important thing that I have learned from Isaiah is that we should obey and repent, and have hope through the Atonement of Christ. 
I hope that in this week everything goes great!! Keep sending pictures of the kids so i can see how they are doing!! I love you tons Mom!! I know you know it!! Remember the Covenants and Promises that the Lord has made for and to you!! Love ya!!
Elder Paynter


p.s. My companion is a Jedi.
 
Blocking the Wind!

No comments: