Monday, August 3, 2015

Xicotepec-August 3

Hey mom!!
I'm doing pretty great! A lot better than last week, we were able to go out and keep working Monday night, we just went and did one visit. But it was a good visit, we visited Nefi, one of our investigators, and he is the son of Araceli, one of our converts, and we were able to place a baptismal date with him, and he is going to be baptized the 15th of august. It was a pretty good visit even though my head was pounding with headache the whole time! 
I am feeling a lot better than last week, almost 100 % healthy, just a little bit of stomach probs.Things are going great with my companion, but another cycle has ended and I will be having transfers tomorrow. Another cycle, another companion. Its part of the mission, haha!! I hope that I can adjust really quick to my new area and new companion so that we can enjoy our time working hard! 
Well last week while we were in the internet typing, I guess that I must have been feeling super sick because I left my USB and the memory card to my camera in the Internet... I feel super bad because I had all of my mission pictures... Its a little tought, but I'm sure it will all be better!! I know that the experiences that I have here in the mission aren't experiences that can be recorded in pictures anyways!! haha
I love that talk that you sent me. I have read it and i love it!! Everything that we do in this life should be governed by love for the Lord. It is the first commandment and we should live in a way that shows our love for him. We should be obedient, but not just because we don't want to suffer the consequences or for any other reason, but we should be obedient because we love the Lord. The Lord doesn't give us rules and commandments because he wants to punish us or because he wants to restrict us, but because he wants us to love him, and I feel like if we can learn to love him here in this life, we will be blessed a lot more in the following life! I love the Lord and pray that the love that I have for him can be strengthened every passing day!! 
Well, have fun at school and I hope you stay safe and keep being an example for the kids!! Love you tons Mom!!
Elder Paynter

ps. no pictures because no memory... :(

No comments: