Monday, August 31, 2015

Ixmiquilpan-August 31

Hey Mom!
Hows School?? Sorry for starting on such a touchy subject this time of year, but I want to know how its going in your new school! By the way, where did August go? Tomorrow September will begin! Woohoo! This month, Mexico celebrates its independence day, I will try to buy some flags or sombreros or something like that haha! 
Yes, we had Zone conference! It was pretty great! We learned a lot of new principles that we can apply, president taught us how to study more effectively and a lot more important things. The theme of the Conference was Ether 12:27 and how the Lord can make the weak things in our lives strong things. It really was a great topic. The Lord can completely change us, but it requires humility and a true desire. I know that this life is a "test". The Lord gives us weaknesses to help us to have mare challenges. When we have more challenges, it requires a lot more humility and he will help us overcome every obstacle in this life!
That's great to hear about Natalie's mom! I know that the Lord always prepares people to receive his restored gospel, sometimes it requires a little bit of time, but He always is at the head of this work and He knows EXACTLY what he is doing! This week we have contacted a lot, looking for new people to teach, and we haven't had much success, We were rejected quite a bit, hehe. But, yesterday my companion helped me understand a little bit more. When we were teaching Lesson 2 yesterday to some recent converts, My companion shared what The Lord said in the New testament and D&C, that Many are called, but Few are chosen. We are all called to repentance. The Lord extends his arms out to ALL. But few will receive this calling. James Talmage said in Jesus the Christ that those who will live in the Celestial Kingdom will be few. The true disciples of Christ have always been few. 
I'm glad you enjoyed the talk by President Benson. I loved it!! It strengthen my testimony a ton! The Book of Mormon truly is the Keystone of our religion! If we didn't have the Book of Mormon, we would still be lost in apostasy! haha my testimony strengthens every day as I read it! I hope that I can always have a love for reading the Book of Mormon so that I can get out from that condemnation that President Benson speaks of. I hope that all of you continue reading and Loving the Book of Mormon!
I love you tons,  Mom! I already have read that talk (Consecrated Missionary), but I have it printed out so I will make sure to read it again this week!
Love you !! Have a great week!!
Elder Paynter

1 comment:

jpaynter said...

I hope you see this Jordon, whoops, Elder Paynter,

I love reading your letters. This last one abut the Lord making weakness' into strengths. That happened to me. I was so afraid to get up in front of a group when we joined the church.I was called to be Primary president. Didn't know the names of the classes, kids or anything else. I did know the Lord would help the dumb ones, namely me. It took me 1 year to get comfortable being in front of a group. One of the funniest things that happened during that year. There was a girl, 8 years old sitting in the third row and goofing off. Her Mother was the teacher of the class be hind her. All of a sudden the 8 year old had a hymn book hit her on top of the head , she didn't turn around, knew who had done it and what for. It was so hard for me to see this and not laugh out loud. I am thankful to the Lord for the things he taught me early on in the church made Him so real for me. You are learning such great things Jordon that will help you all your life. God is Great!
Love, Grandmama Paynter