Sunday, August 16, 2015

Ixmiquilpan - August 10
 
Hola!
Things have been going pretty great this week! I'm now in Ixmiquilpan, Hidalgo and my new companions name is Elder Condorí. He is from Argentina and he is super great! We work really well together, I love the way that he teaches, its really easy for me to teach with him! I feel like the lessons that we have had here have been super spiritual. Its been pretty great! The investigators that we have are all pretty great as well, the hardest problem here is getting them to church. But they really are great people! I love them! I'm having a great time here! I have to buy a new SD card this week so that I can take pictures to show you how its going! I love being a missionary, its the greatest experience ever! I hope that you can look back at the memories that you had as a missionary because I know that you had many great ones! Tell me about the people you taught! The greatest struggle here in Mexico is that a lot of people don't believe in getting married. Most people think its just a waste of time and money, because they know its a lot easier to just separate when they have their relationship problems than pay for a divorce. Its really tough because a lot of people have desires to get baptized but don't have the desire to get married so that they can receive the blessings of living the law of chastity. It really is sad at times, but I know that those who really have desires to follow Jesus Christ will have desires as well to keep his commandments! I love this work and Love every minute of it!!

1 comment:

jpaynter said...

Hi Family,

We had a lady with 8 kids, a single mother at church on Sunday. It took 6 people from the ward to go get her, help her get her kids ready, stop and buy flip flops for 4 of the kids so they would have shoes at church. We had to move out of our place in the back so they could sit there close to the door. It will be interesting
to see if she will be baptized and her kids will enjoy church. Missionary work being done all over the world! So Jordon I enjoy your letters. Great work this gospel is(incorrect sounding english), sound like Yoda. Love you much, pray for you every day. Grandmama Paynter