Friday, July 17, 2015

Xicotepec-July 13

Hey Mom!!
Good To hear from you!! It's been a pretty good week! Nothing super new or different, Yesterday we had interviews with President Egbert and it was pretty great!! Sister Egbert left a tub of paint and we have been painting all day today! Pretty busy but very quick day!! haha, I'm writing in the Internet with my fingers covered in white paint! haha!
I loved the Interview that I had with President Egbert yesterday because he told me a few things super important to me! He told me that as leaders, we have a greater responsibility of being an example to others. He told me that when we serve in leadership positions we live in a "glass house" which means we are always being watched and that we always need to be an example towards others. I feel like it has a lot to do with obedience and integrity. If others see that we are obedient, they will strive to be more obedient. When we are disobedient, others will use our example as an excuse to their disobedience. He also talked to me a lot about consecration. He told to to ponder and think a lot about consecration, so I was thinking that I would ask you what you think about consecration. Think about it a lot, and think about if you would be ready to live the law of consecration, if it were brought back right now in our lives. 
Well, not a lot more that happened this week, I just have to finish up writing really fast because we spent all our time today painting!! https://www.lds.org/prophets-and-apostles/unto-all-the-world/president-eyring-testifies-of-jesus-christ?cid=HP_TH_7-9-2015_dPAAST_fPROP_xLIDyL1-C_&lang=eng Watch this video and think about what you can do to strengthen your testimony everyday to be able to testify like this!! I think that President Eyring is my favorite talk-giver just because of the emotion and love that he has for serving the Lord!!
I love you mom!! Have a great week at girls camp!!
Elder Paynter




No comments: