Saturday, March 29, 2014

Third times a charm!

For some reason I thought Jacob's last Pinewood Derby was his last. I was rather pleased about that. Unfortunately, I was wrong. Michael offered Will's derby-winning car to avoid having to make one ourselves and to ensure a win (finally)... I was oh, so tempted.  

The weekend before the derby, Jacob called John and recruited his help. He consented. Hallelujah!! They whipped out a soon-to-be winning car!


So... after two unsuccessful tries at winning, Jacob took first place at his last-ever 
Pinewood Derby! He was ecstatic! It certainly helped that he only raced against five other cars, but who's counting! 


Of all my boys, Jacob digs scouting the most. I hope to find a magical potion that keeps the fire going until he receives his Eagle!


I have been so blessed to go through Cub Scouts with him! I'm not sure what I will do when he moves on.


No comments: