Wednesday, March 26, 2014

BREAD...

I hate to admit that there once was a time that "homemade" bread did not have the appeal that it has for me today. My selfish high school mentality dreaded the thought of pulling out a sandwich made with it. I am grateful that I have outgrown at least "one" childish high school stigma.
Today, I long for homemade bread, wheat and white. It is a rare occurrence in my home. When I was asked to show the Young Women in our ward how to make bread, I jumped at the chance. 

 I recall Brenda had a friend in Hawaii who made bread every day.  She blessed her family with this talent but she also insisted on giving it to others.  It only fits, since He who gave His life for us all is referred to as the "bread of life."

Despite my distaste for homemade bread in high school, I have many fond memories of it as a child.  I remember Mom letting me knead the bread, butter the bread, and even taste the dough (which resulted in many upset stomach's, to boot)! 

The smell of bread cooking will forever remind me of "home" and brings back fond memories of a simpler time. Thanks, Mom for the countless loaves of homemade bread!
Loved spending the evening with my "girls!"