Sunday, August 31, 2014

Three months come and gone...no excuses!
June/July:
After several years of "talking" about it, my friends decided to come up to Washington with us and visit the "Great Northwest." They were not disappointed. 
Hike to Multnomah Falls....



 Ferry to Anderson Island...
(Is that Leonardo DiCaprio?)

 All day at the lake!
 Paddleboarding,
 row-boating,
 digging in the sand,
 and excellent FOOD!
(Still a "growing" boy?!?)

 Next stop, SEATTLE!


Odd-squad donning their "Space Needle" hats!

First time "Ride(ing) the Duck"! LOVED it.
Of course, we had to stop at Pikes Place Market!
Not sure of the thumbs? That's two pictures now...
Teresa was thrilled with the flower selection and prices!
The boys were thrilled with the "parked" cars!

 We spent the 4th of July with Mom and Dad and the Neeleys. My friends could not stop talking about what a fabulous family I have. I was inclined to agree!

We ended our trip with a stop at Ocean Shores. Despite the rain, we had a great time digging in the sand, walking on the beach, playing in the water, and watching the amazing waves hit the rock-wall jetty! I LOVE this place.

We had a fabulous trip. However, it was certainly apparent that we were not all there! 
Missed you Jordan and Meghan...

I am often heard talking about the value of good 
friends for my children.  There is also a lot to 
be said for good "adult" friends. I have been 
blessed with many great women who I am 
privileged to call friends!  


No comments: