Sunday, January 12, 2014

Jordan and Skyler Anderton have been friends for as long as I can remember. 

     For many years, Kathy and Greg Anderton have welcomed Jordan into their home. He has been a guest at the breakfast, lunch, and dinner table countless numbers of times, napped on their couch on many occasions, slept over on their floor too many times to count, attended sporting events (front row and all), crashed many "Anderton" and "Bahr" family parties, and even gone to several concerts with them (Lady Antebellum, Blake Shelton...). His relationship with their family has been the envy of several "unnamed" Paynter children.

I have stayed clear of the envy until.....NOW!

      Kathy won a cruise for four to the Caribbean. They invited Jordan to go with them. As I speak, he is leaving Miami bay on a 6-night, 7-day cruise, the cruise of my dreams! I am trying to live vicariously through him, without having pangs of envy. It's NOT working!

     Nonetheless, enjoy a few of his pictures from Miami:



 (I will need to remind him of Dad's number 1 picture rule-"Put someone we know in the picture!")

    I will forever be grateful for the kindness the Anderton's have extended to Jordan and my family over the years. They have not only been Jordan's second family, but they have been dear friends, babysitters, plumbing/electrical consultants, etc... I couldn't ask for a better "second home" for my son.

No comments: