Monday, September 21, 2015

 Ixmiquilpan-September 21
Hi Mom!!
How are you?? The time is flying by here as well! My new Companions name is Elder Villaseñor. I miss Elder Condorí a ton! He was probably the best companion that I have had, we got along super well, and had many great experiences. I hate to admit it, but this first week that I have had with my new companion has been a pretty tough week, we haven't been getting along really well. He is a little bit childish, and I have had struggles trying to keep him in line. I remember about two weeks ago, my companion and I fasted, I had the impression that I should fast for the strength to be more humble and I felt the need to ask heavenly father for more trials in my life. I honestly feel like this is my answer. I found it really easy to be humble with Elder Condorí, but now I have found the answer to my prayers. I hope that the Lord will keep blessing me in these weeks with the strength that I need to keep pressing on. I know that the Lord will bless me if I am obedient to the rules that he has given to us as missionaries. I am glad to keep working in this glorious work!!
The short thought that you shared with me about the sabbath day was great! This week I read in the Liahona a quote from President Kimball that to keep the sabbath day, we shouldnt just avoid working and buying, etc. but that we should dedicate all of our thoughts as well to the Lord!! It is a day that we give EVERYTHING to the Lord!!
Mom, I love you and hope that you keep giving me great guidance! I will be turning to the Lord a lot for guidance, strength and peace of mind. I love you more than you can imagine mom!! Love ya!!
Elder Paynter

No comments: